Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Ladysmith - Kayaking, Boom Boats, Log Booms

Yesterday (2017-07-18) was a kayaking day. I launched into Ladysmith harbour and decided to explore in and around the Woods Islands that lie opposite the city. The pictures in this post are a bit of a departure from my usual scenic landscape photos. That's because, beyond scenic seascapes and landscapes, I find it hard to resist boats. Especially working boats. Lucky for me, the harbour was abuzz with boom boat activity. I reckon, on my trip this morning, there were close to twenty such boats working the many booms that seem to encircle Woods Islands.

I've always thought I'd like to operate a boat like this...

Boom boat pushing logs about near Ladysmith sawmill...

Boom boat seemingly rearing up...

Boom boat: different colour; different company...

A tugboat working a log boom along the shore of Woods Islands

Boom boat working the passage between Woods and Vancouver Islands...

Note the preponderance of log booms along my route...

No comments:

Post a Comment